Lately I have seen so many posts about oak furniture makeover projects – kitchens, dressers, tables, etc., where oak is usually sanded and then covered with paint or lacquer. Talking about solid oak – is it something really dated or we still can incorporate it in modern interiors? Definitely we can and here are some ideas on how you can do it (By the way, if you like the look of natural solid oak have a look at Quercus Living – they have amazing range of beautiful furniture pieces).
- Oak is rich in color and texture – to highlight it you can work with neutral color palette and simple textures – linen, jute, cement:
2. Adding lots of greenery will highlight its natural feel and is good for creating some contrast in neutral color palette:
3. Soft and relaxing color of natural wood is perfect for bedrooms and creating calming, tranquil ambience. It works best if used together with contrasting cool hues – blues, grey, greens, which make this furniture stand out and become the focal point. With warm shades it will all melt together.
4. You don’t need to over style the room with lots of accessories and decor – let the furniture speak for itself. “Less is more” is the perfect principle when incorporating solid oak furniture in modern interiors.
5. Adding some candles, decorative pillows and knitted plaids will create relaxing “hygge” look – so popular nowadays. What do you think about solid oak furniture?