Sometimes we throw away things, that we think are old and unnecessary, though with a bit of creativity and imagination they can be transformed into original and unique decorations. Especially for Christmas it is great to incorporate in your festiv decor some vintage items, which always exude sentiment and character. Today, I have picked some really cool ideas on how to look at old and familiar things from a different angle and transform them into wonderful festive decorations that will make your holidays unforgettable.
1) Vintage snow sleigh can be easily converted into a shelf for your festive decorations. Put on it some candles, Christmas ornaments, fir branches and pine cones and the old thing will get a new life!
2) Here the old sleigh is used outdoors and looks great as a little table for lanterns and greenery in a zinc bucket:
3) This original wreath by Funky Junk Interiors is made of recycled Mason jar lids:
4) Old knitted socks and sweaters can be repurposed as candle cozies. Just cut the socks or sleeves and hem the edges to prevent fraying.
6) Pages from an old book were used to make this unusual Christmas tree wall hanging:
7) Oldie but goodie: Mason Jars as lanterns or candle holders:
8) Unfortunately my parents got rid of my old skating boots long time ago, otherwise I would make with them something like this:
9) or this:
10) Vintage skis can be simply hanged on a wall – this would add some rustic charm to your festive decor:
© L’Essenziale Home Designs, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Anna Kovalchenko and L’Essenziale Home Designs with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.