What you need to know about keeping your house tidy is that the more often you clean, the easier it gets and the less you have to do. Make cleaning easier by implementing good cleaning habits and using this checklist to make sure you get every room.
- Make sure trash like tissue paper and soap wrappers are placed in the bin. Wipe sink basin after you’ve used it. Making this a habit makes cleaning easier.
- Clean water spots from the mirror and your faucet by doing a quick swipe with a piece of cloth.
- Use a cloth with a disinfectant to wipe toilet seat and rim. Give the inside of the toilet a quick scrub when you see a ring to remove it.
- Spray the shower, tub and shower door with a daily cleanser. Make sure not to neglect the curtain liner as dirt accumulates there too.
- Sweep and use a microfiber mop on the floor as necessary. Doing this not only keeps your bathroom floor clean and prevent build up, it also ensures safety.
- Clear out dirty dishes and load them into the dishwasher.
- Spray and wipe down surfaces. Make sure you get your sink surfaces, counters and appliance fronts.
- Gather all the clutter into a neat pile. Even clean wash towels can look messy when they are all over the place.
- Use a damp microfiber towel to get all the splatters on your kitchen floor daily. Once a week, use a microfiber mop for some full-floor cleaning. Unlike old shirts and regular mops, microfiber materials do not leave streaks and debris after cleaning.
- Get into the habit of making your bed every morning. It only takes a few minutes and makes a lot of difference in making your room look tidy and clean.
- Put away clothes, jewelry, handbags and other items where they belong. Getting into the habit of putting them in their right places after using them makes cleaning easier too.
- Tidy up your night table. Arrange books, magazines, your reading glasses and other items properly.
- Put away anything that does not belong on your bedroom floor. Vacuum and mop as necessary.
- Always neaten the sofa. This is most living room’s focal focus so spending time to tidy it up is important in making the entire bedroom neat and clean. Fluff your pillows and fold the throws and blankets.
- Use a handheld vacuum to clean sofa cushions. Vacuum rugs and the surface under your coffee table.
- Using a microfiber cloth, wipe cabinets and other surfaces to get rid of dirt, dust, and fingerprints.
- Get rid of clutter. DVD’s, magazines, coffee table books should be kept in their proper places.