A beautiful rug will enhance and make any space feel warmer and cozier. Depending of the size of the room and its use Sukhi has a vast selection of rugs to choose from that will work in it. Before buying a rug you need to answer several important questions about its function and purpose.
- Should the rug insulate the floor or will be used solely for decorative purpose?
Generally in modern interiors a rug performs a zoning role and visually serves as the «island» for furniture».
Sofa, armchairs and coffee tables look better if they stand on the rug by one third or two thirds. Thus, the rug will unite all the objects together and interior will not «crumble».
- If you are planning to cover almost all the floor with a rug with all furniture standing on it, it is custom to leave around 40 cm from the wall. This usually works well in dining rooms as it allows to smoothly move the chairs.
- Another way to determine the width of the carpet for a dining room is to add 80 cm on each side of a table. In that case moving the chairs will not make the legs cling the edge of a rug and wrap it when the chairs are pulled out.
- If you are buying a rug for a bedroom, it is generally recommendable to add at least 40-50 cm on each side of a bed. The carpet should form a sort of «warm road» bypassing the bed, this is especially important if floors are not properly insulated.
- Alternatively you may use two small rugs on each side of the bed. In this case it is better to pick round or asymmetrical shapes of rugs (for example, animal skins).
- If you want to create a cozy nook for reading somewhere in your home, rug is the perfect way to define such spot.
It will visually divide it as a separate zone and will make it comfortable to sit barefoot while reading your favorite book. Small size round or oval rug is the perfect choice in this case.