As you know from my previous post I am currently busy with renovating one apartment in Moscow. I have picked minimalistic Scandinavian style and black and white colour scheme as the main decorative theme. Scandinavian homes might seem sometimes too cold and uninviting if you don’t pay enough attention to accessorizing them. That’s why materials such as wood, furs, wool can play an essential role in making them cozy. Imagine warm mohair throws on the chairs, soft sheepskin you can put on your sofa or wooden chopping boards on the kitchen – and you get entirely new look!
Thinking about which lights I am going to introduce in this flat I am decorating, I am considering a popular trend right now – wooden lamps. Here are some inspirational images to show what I am talking about:
If you like this trend same as me, here are several useful tips to consider, if you want to use those lights at your home:
1)Wooden texture of lamps should not be used solo: introduce it somewhere else in a room for more complete and continuous look. This can be wooden furniture, frames of mirrors and artworks, wooden kitchen counter or decorative accessories, such as vases and figurines.
2) Wood looks wonderful against «cool» colours, which make it look even warmer – think of grey, black, inky blue, mint green and white for painting walls.
3) Pendant wooden lights look great hanged above dining or coffee tables: the purpose of such lights is not only functional but rather decorative.
4) Pendant lights in different shapes and sizes hanged in group create even more dramatic and powerful effect.
5) Together with wooden lights introduce some ethnic accessories, such as tribal rugs and cushions to get bohemian and unconventional look.
6) For simple eco-chic style the space should be free of clutter and have lots of natural light.
Unlike shades made of textiles and other absorbing materials, wooden lamps are very easy to take care of – you just need to wipe them using a soft dry cloth. One more tip – on where to buy. My favorite place to shop for wooden lamps is here – you can find in this shop a big selection of lamps in various sizes, shapes and style, while attractive Christmas sale prices right now make them even more affordable.
What do you think of this trend? Looking forward for your comments!