August. Month of harvesting, homemade jams and collecting honey. Never during a year nature was that generous in giving away her treasures: fruits, berries, mushrooms, and of course wheat. It is so nice to bring them to our homes and also to create of them a beautiful and heart-warming decor. In this post today 16 beautiful ideas of decorating with wheat.
The easiest way to use wheat as decoration (and the first one which comes in mind) is to make a flower arrangement or table centrepiece. Yet with a little bit of creativity and styling, you can turn a simple wheat bundle into a stunning feature.
1) Wheat is always associated with a countryside, hence looks nice in a rustic environment. To set the mood, bring in some rustic features, such as burlap, untreated wood and country style table ware. Wheat bundle will look like a king in such surroundings:
2) Wheat looks great not only solo, but also in ensemble. With its simple charm it will become a wonderful flunky for a queen of garden – rose:
3) Details… this is what makes a vignette compelling. Here all accessories are matched by colour: blue grey, which also corresponds with a wall paint. In such moody environment the yellow of wheatgrass look especially warm:
4) Love this simple yet so lovely idea: displaying wheatears and wildflowers in brown storage vials:
5) Wheat can be accompanied not only with other wild grass and flowers, but with fruits and vegetables too. Here wheat bundle in a zinc bucket together with miniature pumpkins:
6) To achieve more elegant, sophisticated look, try to add a touch of copper to your composition. On the picture below a free standing bouquet of horsetail, maiden grass is held by copper pipe coupler.
7) It is amazing how many interesting things you can make from junk. Here an old copper doorknob is converted into a holder for a stunning centrepiece bouquet made of seasonal grasses.
8) Wondering how you can make a wheat bundle centrepiece similar to this? Read a full tutorial here – it’s pretty easy!
9) Another cool idea of decorative compositions with wheat is layering various elements in glass vases. Nuts, seeds or even soil and grass will look wonderful as a basement for a wheat bouquet. A piece of scrap-paper put inside will help to hide unattractive parts.
10) Similar idea but in different interpretation. These vessels and vases filled with gifts of nature will look great in a kitchen or dining room:
11) Love this contemporary and minimalistic fall decor. All what is needed – wheatgrass, colourful beads and vase.
11) These personalised napkin rings with wheatears will surprise your guests and make a party unforgettable.
12) Mantel is a place in a house that naturally becomes a focal point. Decorate it with wild grass bouquets, dried herbs and wheat wreath for creating a touching fall look:
13) Not necessary to bring a huge haystack in the house to set it in a fall mood. Even little details, like these beautiful candles are able to create the required environment :
14) Yet another cool idea on how to make a harvest candle. Just place a small glass hurricane inside a large one and put the wheat inside the space between. For fire safety reasons ensure that your candle is shorter than the height of grass.
15) For making this harvest horseshoe you will need a U-shape foam wreath and lots of wheatgrass. Collect the stems in the small bunches and wire them together. For fixing them on the wreath use U-shape florist’s pins. As you go along, make sure that the top of each bunch covers the stems and wires of the previous one. In the centre attach nuts, acorns or chestnuts with the help of hot glue.
16) If you feel that previous wreath is a bit complicated project for you, try doing something like this – just place an armful of wheatgrass in a whicker basket and hang it on your door:
Do you like these ideas of decorating with wheatgrass? Which one is your favourite?